Saturday, December 4, 2010

Suntory Sour

THE SUNTORY SOUR

I first became interested in putting this drink together after reading David Broom's new book "The World Atlas of Whisky" where I learned more about the Suntory company and Japanese whisky making in general. I decided maybe Midori deserved a second look and started plotting the Suntory Sour.

Easier said than done though as Midori is a rather challenging liqueur to balance. After many attempts with varied success I've settled on the following recipe which I think captures the character of a whisky sour and allows the Midori to play a role without proving too overpowering or cloying. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Ingredients

1.5 oz Yamazaki 12 Single Malt Whisky
.5 oz Suntory Midori Melon Liqueur
.5 oz Cointreau
.5 oz Lemon Juice (Fresh of course)

Instructions

Shake well with ice, strain (through fine weave strainer to remove the small ice particles) into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with lemon twist.

(This would also make a great highball.)

No comments:

Post a Comment