Friday, April 1, 2011

Nuclear Daiquiri


The Nuclear Daiquiri, as it appears in the Big Bartender's Book by Mud Puddle.

Nuclear Daiquiri


3/4 ounce (22 ml) Wray & Nephew Overproof Rum
3/4 ounce (22ml) green Chartreuse
1/3 ounce (10 ml) falernum
3/4 ounce (22 ml) lime juice


Shake with Ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

My eyes were closed, but I think I dipped dangerously close to sucking the mix in through my nose as I inhaled the aromas. The Chartreuse green really comes to life in this mix with a big, resinous forest pine aroma.

I have used John D. Taylor's "Velvet Falernum" in this drink many times in the past with good results. This was the first time I tried the recipe with the Trader Tiki's Falernum, and viva la differance!

The bottle of falernum claims flavors of "Lime, Ginger, Almond, Clove and hints of Jamaican potstill rum."

When mixed with the clear, bright, grassy-sweet "Wray and Nephew Overproof",and the 130 herbal extracts present in the Chartreuse green, it is very easy to get lost in the aroma alone.

The flavors are no less complex. The resinous pine comes through on the palate. The mix of herbals, ginger, clove and lime all getting along remarkably well.

If you are looking for a rich and full-bodied daiquiri, go Nuclear!



The drink was created by Gregor De Gruyther (1979-2009).



1 comment:

  1. This much informative article I didn't read Anywhere thanks for sharing such a good article.

    ReplyDelete